Commemorate Oktoberfest with classic pretzel dough topped with a homemade grainy mustard or savory cheese spread! Learn how to create pretzel dough that is soft, chewy, buttery, salty and oh, so delicious!
According to historians, mustard became the go-to dip for pretzels in the 1920’s. We will create a mustard dip that you can customize to exactly the ratio of sharp to sweet you desire. Finally, we will whip up a savory cheese spread that has ample uses.
Grab your favorite beer and you are ready to celebrate the gemutlichkeit of Oktoberfest!
What to Expect: This is going to be a fun and interactive hands-on class – in your own kitchen! Once registered, you will receive a Crowdcast invitation with all the details you need to get ready for the class!
Timeline: 5:30 – 7:00 PM
What you will need:
· Large bowl or bowl from your stand mixer
· Measuring teaspoons and tablespoons
· Measuring cups (1/3 cup,½ cup, 1 cup)
· 1 cup liquid measuring cup
· Small saucepan
· Digital thermometer (the type you use for meat)
· Kitchen towel to cover bowl of dough
· Large saucepan (enough to hold 4 quarts of water with extra space)
· Large spatula
· Parchment paper
· Cookie sheet or flat baking stone
· Small sharp knife
· Pastry brush
· Cooling rack
· Medium bowl
· Rubber scraper
· Another medium bowl for mustard ingredients NOTE: soak mustard seeds in vinegar and water at room temperature the night before as directed in step 1 of the mustard recipe.
· Small food processor or blender
· Two 8 ounce mason jars or plastic storage containers
Parking is available in the Market's main lot just off of Water Street. Make sure to bring your parking ticket to the class for validation.
Reservations are non-refundable, however you may send someone else to take your place. If we cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, a full refund will be made.
Click here to download a fillable gift certificate that can accompany your wonderful gift!