To foster a market for privately owned food growers, artisans and purveyors (many of whom have Wisconsin roots) and to promote a different way in which consumers shop, cook, eat and experience food.
OUR VISION FOR THE MARKET
To create a “gathering place” experience like none other in Southeastern Wisconsin that educates, provokes, entertains, amuses and engages all those who come through our doors.
• To promote economic vitality within the Historic Third Ward neighborhood, the city of Milwaukee, and the State of Wisconsin.
•To support small businesses that offer unique products and expertise.
• To support our local artists, crafters and food purveyors by providing a unique opportunity during the summer months with our Outdoor Urban Market.
• To attract urbanites, suburbanites, tourists and people of all backgrounds, races and creeds.
• To create employment opportunities through new business formation.
• To cultivate a gathering place for community residents and downtown employees.
• To expand food choices for consumers that reflect Milwaukee’s vibrant, international heritage.
• To enhance knowledge of food sources and nutrition through educational programs and direct interaction between producers, vendors, chefs and consumers.
• To engage the public through private events, cooking demonstrations and classes.